Wednesday 28 November 2012

Deepavali 2012 and the trip to Genting.

It is now almost one month after Deepavali/Diwali is over. Only now, I get the time to post on my celebration here.

To be honest, I feel this years’ Diwali is not like my previous years’ celebration. We had a very simple celebration, but yet one of the most memorable one we have ever had.

This year, all the three of us (my brothers and I) have our own income. We spent our money to help our parents. I bought my Dad two shirts (one for his birthday which was on the 31 of October and another one for Diwali), I paid for my mum’s saree. I didn’t have the time to buy my brothers and dogs something.In fact, I didn’t even have the time to shop for clothes for myself! Its’ because I was so much occupied with my production at work.

My dad managed to get a goat to be cooked for the guests during the open house. Yes, a goat. We were asked if we wanted the goats’ head and blood. My mum said a BIG no. My father’s friend helped him to skin the goat so that all we have to do is to chop the mutton into edible sizes. That alone, took all of us the whole day to handle. It was really tiring(plus backache!) for me because on the day before, My mum and I went to Bukit Jalil, Masjid Jamek and Brickfields to get some last minutes stuff. And we took only public transports to cover all the three areas.

On the day, we went to temple in the morning. I was rather pissed because the tailor lady hadn’t sewn my saree blouse! Luckily, I have a new suit of Punjabi Suit which my mum bought for me from India at 2009. So, I wore that to temple. I liked that suit so much eventhough it is a simple one. Back home, we all had our breakfast. Thosai and mutton. After that, cooking session started. The whole cooking thing ended at 4.30pm, just when my father’s friends arrived. They were very helpful, the helped us with the tables. By the way, my father had two tents fixed to cater the guests.

Since that up to 12am at night, we had guests non stop coming. I even had one of my BFF to attend, Nailil and her boyfriend Ed. They brought along their friend as well. For the dinner, I wore my favourite peach dress.

Of course, liquors were served as well. Together with me, two girls from my neighbourhood and our mums joined us to a bottle of white wine. My mum didn’t have her glass, she don’t drink. So, all of us had a small portion of wine, before we girls went over to join the guys( our brothers and their friends) with the fire crackers. It was so much fun! I haven’t had the chance to play for a long, long time.

The whole event ended at about 2 something after my mum and I cleared all the mess and arranged the things as they were before. And the next day, we all woke up nearly 10am.

Truly an enjoyable celebration. What makes it even more fun? My dad brought us to Genting! That, gonna be in the next post :)

p20121113-100024

Deepavali morning. I love the way my hair is and the glow factor on my face.

p20121113-182146

Just because.

p20121113-204359

My BFF and her BF and their friend.

 

Till then, my short post on the meaningful celeb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir