Wednesday 15 February 2012

The best ship. Friendship.

Yes. To whoever who value their friendship, they will agree with me. The best ship.

It had been 6 years since I last met her. At school. The last day of SPM paper. I can’t remember what day it was nor the date. But I remember her. And I remember the tears we had on our eyes. It’s pretty incredible that at that moment, I understood the meaning of true friendship and acquaintance.

Before, the word best friend was just merely a word, to describe someone you used to hand around with, share your stories and gossips with. In many cases, best friends looks alike. But in my case, no,we never look alike.

After the schooldays, we do keep in touch,occasionally. Then, we were separated by the Straits of Malacca. She pursued her studies in Medicine and myself in Biotechnology. She had the opportunity and wealth to study abroad, so she went all the way there. Nevertheless,distance never had been a barrier. We texted each other. Though the charges might be higher than local charges,it didn’t kill us. For 5 years. SMS,Skype,YM. Very rarely on Skype or YM. Yet, we keep each other informed and updated. Till one day that she called me all the way from her place in Indonesia. We spoke for more than an hour or nearing 1 hour. That wasn’t enough. But we had to be happy with it.

Everytime she came back home to Malaysia, we will discuss about meeting up but sure there are many obstacles to come. Until one day, she told me that she’s coming back to Malaysia. Until one day when we texted each other, we planned to meet up after Thaipusam. Until the day we finally met each other!

After six years. I couldn’t believe my eyes  that we are seeing each other. I kept on asking her, is this real? I saw her from across the road. I was excited. Then she saw me coming. Then the big BIG hug between us. We actually were in the middle of the hug when we realized we were blocking the way. I even noticed a foreign passerby smiled, he must have known that we haven’t met each other for long. Bless him.

We then made our way to Berjaya Times Square. Believe me, there wasn’t a single awkwardness between us! The long gap between us didn’t affect us at all. We were happily chatting away. We were chatterbox anyways. Hehe. We had our lunch at KFC. Then we strolled around,until I was hooked at that particular ankle-high boots. I wanted them so badly that I went to search for an ATM machine. But it was just too too too bad that there is no my size!! Why it have to happen to me like everytime??

Okay, I will hunt for another pair next time. I will. Then it was already the time for her to leave. She’s taking a bus home, so she had to be on time. I followed her till the Putra LRT station. Then there was the BIG BIG hug again. And she gave me a gift. Speechless as her gift was nothing as compared to mine. I gave her bracelet + bangles set. She gave me two lovely dresses. She remembered. We spoke about those kind of dresses one to two years back. Thank you so much, sweets!

Then, there was the goodbye. And I took bus back home. It was too soon. I couldn’t believe that it was over already. We both know that we have to meet again. We will.

To Vinothini Thanapalan,

 

Since we both love dogs. Hehe. Can I ammend the quote above?

BEST FRIENDS: Sometimes Having a good friend is just as important as having a true love.

 

Standing by,
All the way.
Here to help you through your day.
Holding you up,
When you are weak,
Helping you find what it is you seek.
Catching your tears,
When you cry.
Pulling you through when the tide is high.
Just being there,
Through thick and thin,
All just to say, you are my friend.

Friends will come and friends will go,
The seasons change and it will show,
I will age and so will you,
But our friendship stays, strong and true.

 

Love you, sweets ♥

 

Till then~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir