Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Sky Diving


My company organized a sky diving event last weekend. Finally. After 2 times being cancelled. Because of commitment problem of the instructors before we collaborate with the current instructor who are very much reliable on.

Lets get to the story straight.

Last week was a hectic week. As the event is in conjunction with DCA and to be held in Subang Airport for the very first time ( do take note that no one is allowed to have their sky jump at Subang Airport), it was a real hectic and busy week.

As a partner, we were promised with media coverage, extra aircrafts etc. Things looked really convincing that my company committed to delivering our customer with DCA for their 100th year Malaysia Air Festival.

The ground briefing was held on the night of the 25th November, at Keramat Wangsa. Before that, I was all nervous, hoping things will go on well. As expected, everyone turned up and the response was overwhelming. I can see that the customers are excited.

Some of them are even surprised when I introduce myself to them as Abby, as they thought I was a Chinese girl. They said it’s because of they way I speak to them. Hmm.. I have the tendency to follow the Malay slang when I speak to them in English, and also to Chinese when I speak to them. It actually depends to the speaker, if they don’t have the slang then I can speak to them without any slang,just the normal English. It just happens. Don’t ask me why.

The next day, I have to get up as early as six to rush to Subang Airport with my boss. I did my make up on the go =.=

Upon arrival, not many of the customer who were supposed to jump on Saturday was not there yet. We took the time to set the place up with the instructor. About 9am, everyone was there and our instructor was giving some last minute briefing before getting the jumpers to the scene.

Things were getting pretty excited until the moment where our slot for sky diving were taken by some other people. Not only that, we were told that the air zone was blocked for the day, but turns out to be that commercial airplanes still were given priority to take off and land. Thus, disturbing the whole event flow.

Everyone including the customer were super mad.

The best part, all the customer turned to me to express their madness as though i was the one to be blamed for the schedule and the whole thing.

But the real thing was, control tower was the main culprit. Our pilot can only take off after getting clearance from the control tower!!

It was so damn stressful. Can you imagine being surrounded by mad customers and everyone is saying that they want to have their jump the next day??

At one point,I was so stressed that I actually asked the customers to give me a break! I decided to give my boss who went to have name cards to be printed instantly a call and I actually forced her out to make a decision. The longer I tried to delay from giving the customers a firm decision, the worst the situation will be. All because of the &*%^ organizer!!

I am almost in the verge of tears but thank God I managed to get a grip on myself.

The day ended terribly that I almost want to refuse to go back to work on the next day.

I thank the GOD that the next day was a breeze. I was afraid things might go wrong again, but everything was okay. But of course, I was still mad at the organizing committee.

The happiest part is when one of the customer actually waited after his jump to celebrate it with me. He even called and texted me to express his gratitude. Not only that, he added me in Facebook as well. It is a really good feeling when you know people who are actually strangers appreciate your work.

Day 2 ended on well, and I am glad that I managed to handle things professionally. I give myself two thumbs up!!

Even my boss was proud of me and introduced me to the pilots and whoever she spoke to!! Hehehe..

It was a bitter sweet experience and I really learn a lot from there.

What’s next?

Of course,pictures!!


During the Ground Briefing Class

2011-11-25 18.47.57

 2011-11-25 21.11.25

2011-11-25 21.11.41

 2011-11-25 18.43.23

2011-11-25 18.43.36

Event Pictures

2011-11-26 09.23.49 Me @Day 1

2011-11-26 09.22.01 

2011-11-26 09.09.50  2011-11-26 09.26.06 2011-11-26 09.10.02

2011-11-26 10.06.20

 2011-11-26 08.40.16 2011-11-26 08.40.25

 2011-11-26 08.40.54

2011-11-26 09.08.00

2011-11-27 09.11.20 Me @Day 22011-11-27 09.10.04

2011-11-27 09.10.30

Among the best memories I had is that I had the opportunity to be in the middle of the airstrip at Subang Airport.

No one can go there, except the authorized person and I was the lucky one to go there to help the sky divers who have landed.

The only minus point: I was there for about 30minutes under the scorching sun at 11.30am without any sun blocks,caps or umbrella. All I had was my shades.

As a result, I am whole lot darker and my mum was yelling at me!! :'(

It’s sad, but I have to wait for a couple of weeks to recover..huhu

The after effects were still there, whereby I can the burning sensation whenever I am exposed to the sun, including the morning sun.. :(


Till then~

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir